Tuesday, September 6, 2011

New anime set in Kamogawa?!

It's been awhile since I've really indulged in my nerdy hobbies, but this news may change that.
Today I got a tip about an upcoming anime, "Rinne no Lagrange" (輪廻のラグランジェ) that will be set specifically IN Kamogawa!

輪廻のラグランジェ official website

Simplifying the summary listed on the website, the story focuses on a high school girl named Madoka who was born and raised in Kamogawa. She goes to the local private all girls' school, where she is the sole member of the ジャージ部 (I suppose this would be "Jersey Club" in English???) - and the club's activities basically consist of "helping out anyone in trouble." (Sounds a bit like Sket Dance...) Eventually, Madoka meets two mysterious girls, Ran and Muginami, who join the club and together, they work to protect to Kamogawa.


Not listed in the story summary - but if you read the character descriptions, Ran and Muginami...and all the other characters besides Madoka introduced so far all come from outer space. Huh. Another one of the promotional drawings has Madoka in a knight-style costume thing, so I am curious as to where this story leads???

Unfortunately, the anime isn't set for broadcast until sometime next year. But! There is a screening event scheduled in October, so I want to try to get in on that. They're also publishing a side story branching off of this anime in the YOUNG GANGAN manga magazine as of September 2, so I need to run to the bookstore tomorrow :D

I have never been interested in this type of anime before, but if anything it will be really interesting to see the place where I lived for 3 whole years turned into the setting for an anime.  I am kinda excited to see what places I know/love pop up in the anime though!!

1 comment:

  1. This blog is fantastic. How did you get so good at English? You must have studied abroad...anyway, thanks for the good work. I'm a big fan of Chiba prefecture, too! :)

    ReplyDelete