Monday, September 19, 2011

Tokyo Game Show 2011.


Over the weekend,  Tokyo Game Show 2011 was held at Makuhari Messe, here in Chiba. After all these years, it was my first time going...and for work, nonetheless, despite being a huge closet gaming addict~.

I got there at the very end of the day, so I was only able to run through quickly and snap some photos here and there. I was pretty disappointed that I didn't get to make it to the SQUARE-ENIX booth...probably the only booth I actually wanted to see...but then again, who am I kidding? I know I'll buy their games anyway. :D It was cool just to be able to go and be there, since I'd only really "seen" TGS in gaming magazines when I was a student.

Anyway...let me share some of the other photos I took! Nothing special, but just so that you can see what it's like:

This is the area right through the entrance. Makuhari Messe is just so HUGE! To think that this was just one hall, and that there is waaaaay more to the left (can't fit it into a single photo), plus a couple other halls that I couldn't get to because it took me so long just to walk across this one hall.

On another note, straight ahead was the merchandise corner! There was a booth for Square merchandise, but the line was overly long so I decided not to queue up. Sadness.

This is the area to the left of the previous photo. There's still waaaaay more booths behind these two.

Konami booth. Now that I think about it, I should have tried to see if there was anything about a new Suikoden - but I guess if there was, it would have been advertised pretty well here too.

In the merchandise corner, there was a stall just for Square music!!! So awesome! It took a lot of will power to keep away from here...

And...last but not least, what I believe was a theater playing the trailer for the upcoming Biohazard game for the 3DS! I could never play Resident Evil because I am too much of a scaredy cat, but I really enjoy the outside of this theater??? It really looks like a haunted house or something!


Anyway, just a short and simple post for today, but after I get my photos in a little better order, I'll post about the work/tour that took me to TGS as well as the Yawatanmachi festival in Tateyama, which I went to see the next day. Particularly to everyone in Japan - have a good Silver Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment