Thursday, July 26, 2012

Everyday should be Disney day!

I love amusement parks!!! Something about them takes me back to being a little kid and I laugh like a maniac on roller coasters.

Despite my intense love for theme parks of all kinds and having gone to Tokyo Disney Land five times over the course of a single year, I still hadn't managed to go to Tokyo Disney Sea for the entire four years I've been here (five if you add in my time as an exchange student).

Long awaited Tokyo Disney Sea!!!
While I recognized a lot of the rides from other Disney parks, Tokyo Disney Sea is one of a kind. For years, I had heard how pretty it is, and TDS definitely did not disappoint!

Duffy and Shellie May (shortly after renamed Yorrick and Ophelia) enjoying the scenery.
It got intensely hot and bright! But even more gorgeous!
Mermaid Lagoon!!! Althought it is under renovation...:(
We had only heard about prettiness, and that there wasn't much to ride....certainly, there aren't as many rides as Disney Land, but more than enough to keep you occupied for a day!

Playground area inside Mermaid Lagoon. I didn't actually go in, so I will have to go an explore another time!


Trying to recreate Kicchan's face in the photo...a perfect rectangle!
LOVE LOVE LOVE the Tower of Terror. But we are not going crazy and the "Tower of Terror" story is totally based on the whole Twilight Zone thing right??? Because the TDS Tower of Terror had some weird voodoo doll story....not that it changes the ride itself in anyway, but it was just strange.

I don't have photos, but other awesome rides were the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (does this exist in any of the US Disney parks? I don't remember it at all, but it was a very Peter Pan-esque ride), Journey to the Center of the Earth (intensely fun but super short!), Sindbad's Storybook Voyage (like It's a Small World...including the crazily catchy song part!), and Indie Jones (so nostalgic!!).

Inside the brand new Toy Story Mania! attraction.
One thing I am still unsure of...supposedly the Toy Story Mania! attraction didn't open until the 9th of July, but we totally went on the 3rd and got to ride it like it had always been there. Since it seemed so normal, I just assumed this was an old ride and there was a new one somewhere else, but afterwards I kept seeing footage on the news and commercials on TV, and it was totally the same ride we went on! I guess we were guinea pigs?

Cranberry popcorn!!!
Disney food is usually quite good, and the Tokyo Disney resorts seem to take this to a different level. Tokyo Disney is really big on their popcorns! I had never realized the flavors sold at TDL are different from those sold at TDS. Disney Sea had CRANBERRY! and MILK TEA! flavored popcorn, and both were mindblowing! I would literally go back just to get some more popcorn.

This Cruella de Vil was AMAZING.
I also never realized they have villain characters around too! The lady playing Cruella was really fantastic, she kept petting anything people had that was remotely fur-like and saying really creepy things in English! I hope I run into her again sometime.

The Legend of Mythica show at the Mediterranean Harbor!
As usual, Tokyo Disney resort shows are made to impress! Since this show is performed on the water, they use giant boats with lots of fun decorations and effects!

Jet ski performers zooming into place! So cool.
The show takes advantage of all the wide space to do awesome tricks like these kite maneuvers.
More TDS pretty scenery!!!
Sorry for the horribly messy post, but I figure Disney parks are pretty self explanatory! However, if you are a fan of theme parks and/or Disney, I definitely recommend Disney Sea. While most of the rides already exist at other Disney parks, I don't think any of the other parks are quite as "scenic" as this one. It's also really chill, so you can enjoy a more leisurely, mature trip to Disney :D

My next mission is to potentially stay at the Hotel Miracosta and watch the harbor show from the room balcony!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment